1. PURPOSE: To establish criteria for nominating individual (s) for the Association of Aviation Ordnancemen Hall of Fame.
2. BACKGROUND; The Association of Aviation Ordnancemen is a professional organization, composed of active/ retire/ reserve United Sates Navy/ Marine Corps and the entire Department of Defense personal dedicated to promote professionalism and safety of the Aviation Ordnance Field and the Aviation Ordnance Rating. Also, provides technical and professional support whenever possible to the ordnancemen of the fleet and Department of Defense. The award was started in 1988 during the annual convention and the original 21 members were the first inductees. The award (s) will be presented to individual (s) who have made outstanding contributions, or demonstrated performance with special recognition in the Aviation Ordnance Field or Association of Aviation Ordnancemen.
3. AWARD: The award (s) will be presented during the annual Association of Aviation Ordnancemen's National Convention/ Symposium.
a. A certificate provided by the Association Secretary and signed by the Association President will be presented to the individual (s), either at the Convention or mailed to the Awardee (s).
b. A plaque, appropriately inscribed with awardee (s) name will be displayed at the John W. Finn Aviation Ordnancemen Museum.
c. Awardee (s) will be appropriately recognized at the annual awards dinner, through Naval messages, AO Web site and the Association of Aviation Ordnancemen "RED SHIRT".
4. ELIGIBILITY; All individuals who are serving or have served in the Aviation Ordnance field or Department of Defense personal.
5. NOMINATION CRITERIA;
a. Nominated individual (s) must be serving or have served in the Aviation Ordnance Rating/ Field and Department of Defense, but need not be a member of the Association of Aviation Ordnancemen.
b. Nominated individual (s) must have made a specific contribution through a special achievement or superior performance which has enhanced the reputation, readiness or future well-being of the Aviation Ordnance Rating/ Field and/or the ASSOCIATION of AVIATION ORDNANCEMEN.
6. SELECTION COMMITTEE; The selection committee will consist of the Committee Chairman ( Appointed by the President and approved by the Board of Directors) and a minimum of 4 committee members. The selection committee members will be at the discretion of the Committee Chairman. The Committee Chairmen and the Committee members must be members in good standing with the Association of Aviation Ordnancemen.
7. ACTION; The Association of Aviation Ordnancemen will solicit nominations through the annual Convention/ Symposium message, AO Web site and through the Association Newsletter, "RED SHIRT".
a. Nomination (s) must be submitted to the Association National Secretary or Hall of Fame Committee Chairman, no later than the week before, the scheduled Association Convention/Symposium. The nomination package, may be e-mailed to the Committee Chairman, but a PAPER COPY and a DISC COPY (ELECTRONIC COPY) must be hand delivered to the Committee Chairman at the Association Convention/Symposium or mailed to the Committee Chairman.
b. Association National Secretary will forward all nominations to the Committee Chairman for the review and selection of an Awardee(s) at the annual Association Convention/ Symposium. The selection is at the discretion of the Committee members and the Committee Chairman. The Committee Chairman shall notify the Association President of their decision on nomination (s).
c. The Committee Chairman shall ensure the name (s) of the Awardee (s) are sent to the John W. Finn Aviation Ordnancemen Museum, AO Web site, Naval messages and Association Newsletter "RED SHIRT".
d. Committee will consider ALL nominations and select the most worthy individual (s). Selection of an Awardee, is not mandatory, only the most deserving should be inducted into the Aviation Ordnancemen Hall of Fame.
8. AWARD SUBMISSION FORMAT;
a. Cover letter should include following information;
2.Rank/ Rate/ Civil Service GS/WG
3.SSN; last 4 numbers. XXX-XX-0000
4.Current Status (active, retired, reserve, etc.)
5.Current Duty Station or DOD position, if appropriate.
6.Current Home Residence
7.Spouse's name, if appropriate.
(a) Photo of nominated individual (Good civilian or military)
(b) Biography and history of dues stations
(c) Listing of Technical school/ and other schools
(d) Listing of Decorations/ Awards both military and civilian
(e) Listing of promotion dates, enlisted/officer and both military and civilian
(f) Listing of letters of Appreciation/Commendation both military and civilian
(g) Chapter/National Association Affiliation
(h) Civilian Ordnance Affiliations
(i) Copies of DD-214ís, if available.
(j) Copies of letters of Appreciation/ Commendation
(k) Copies of Awards/Medal Citations
(l) Any other supporting documentation
b. Justification for the award nomination should be forwarded as enclosure (s) to the cover letter and shall include appropriate information to justify the nomination.( Enclosure (8) lists information needed.
1.Identify specific action (s), contribution or continuing performance upon, which the nomination is based. Any supporting documentation will be appreciated.( Write-ups on medals,etc.)
2.Outline the impact of the specific action (s), contribution or continuing performance, has or had upon the Aviation Ordnance Rating/ Field and/ or the Association of Aviation Ordnancemen.
3.Explain why the specific action (s), contribution or continuing performance, merits recognition through presentation of the Association of Aviation Ordnancemen Hall of Fame Award.
4.Nomination package must be unclassified. And put together as outlined in the above enclosure (8) listing
5. SAMPLE AAO HALL OF FAME PACKAGE IS ON THE AAO WEBSITE CLICK HERE
|E-mail any changes or discrepancies to AAO Web Master|
Association of Aviation
We are the ARMS of the Fleet